Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Love or hate

My interview earlier this week went fantastically well. The interviewer was in love with my activities and said she could talk about my application for hours if she could, but we had to get back to the standard interview questions. I hope my answers impressed her sufficiently to get me an acceptance to this school.

Her reaction is in stark contrast to the one I got from my dream school interviewer last cycle. She was very suspicious of the fact that I'm just now deciding on medicine and grilled me on this for several questions. Also, one of my pre-med advisors is super gung-ho about my past while another one has openly said she wouldn't invite me for an interview based on my application.

Apparently, my non-traditional status is either loved or hated by interviewers. There is no in between. Hopefully my next interviewer is in the "love" category because the school I'm about to visit is very high on my list.

2 comments:

  1. hey could you do a post talking more about your amcas activities and activities in general for non-trad students. will our activities be more heavily scrutinized?

    ReplyDelete