Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quick note about last week's interview

My interview last week went really well. I had a great time, learned a lot about the school and the area, and can totally see myself spending four years there. I'll post a longer recap later this week or next.

However, during my interview day, I felt totally out of my league. Granted, this is a relatively highly ranked med school, but some of the kids were insane. Comments such as, "This is my fifth interview. I've already been to Yale, Harvard, and Johns Hopkins," as well as, "I'm trying to only schedule one interview each week, and I'm already booked through October," actually occurred throughout the day.

Meanwhile, I quietly ate my lunch, totally psyched to have been invited to interview in the first place, and not mentioning that this was my first and only interview of the season. Or that I'm a reapplicant.

All of this isn't to say that the kids were weird, elitist, or arrogant. The opposite was true. They were all really cool and I had a great time spending the day with them. But it was somewhat weird to be so different from them, not only in age but also in the caliber of my application.

No comments:

Post a Comment