Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Medical school culture

I have an interview coming up in the next few weeks and I'm slowly starting to prepare for it by looking into the school, its curriculum, and things like that. A lot of my friends from high school and college went to medical school all over the country so it's also good to have insider information on some of these schools.

I contacted a friend about the school for this upcoming interview, specifically asking her about the culture within the medical school class. Here is her response:
"Just a warning: med school in general is kinda malignant because everyone is competing against each other and I can't predict what your class will be like. My class was pretty gunner but the class below me was more friendly."
Yikes! This is the complete opposite of the universal "Everyone is awesome!" feeling I got from my first interview as well as the dream school.

Hopefully the reality isn't as bad as her experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment