Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Being hosted by a student for an interview

I'm heading to my interview next week and it's been suggested that I utilize the student host option while I'm there. Honestly, I would prefer to stay in a hotel both nights that I'm visiting, but the hotels in the area aren't cheap. At the same time, I'm too old to sleep on a couch/futon for such an important event, even though I often do that at home.

In the end, I resisted the urge to be antisocial and comfortable, and compromised: I'll spend the night directly before my interview in a hotel on campus, and the following night with a student host on their couch.

It'll be nice to get a perspective on the school and the town from someone who's gone and lived there for a while. That was the motivating factor for finally contacting student hosts so I hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment