Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Inexplicably at peace

My EMT final was last night and I only got 91.5% on it, which is not the 100% I needed. BUT, we have the opportunity to get 4% of extra credit just by showing up for the practicals of the other sections of the course, so I'll be skipping my last biochem lecture to get those points. And that will help me enough to get the A I so desperately need.

Overall, things are looking up over here for me. My vacation was pretty spectacular, even if I had to read my EMT book instead of a John Grisham novel with a margarita in hand. Either way, I got to sit on the beach and go snorkeling every day so it wasn't too shabby. I don't think all the studying helped considering my grade, but I don't know what I would've gotten if I hadn't studied so I'm not too upset about having my nose in my EMT book all week.

Even though I don't really have a break until June 1st per se, I feel a lot more relaxed right now. I'm sitting under a heat blanket on my couch staring out the window at the beautiful snow-covered trees and life seems a lot less complicated than it really is.

It turns out that I do need knee surgery after-all and I scheduled it for mid-December (less than two weeks away), which just so happens to be the day of two of my finals and the day before my third final. A lot of begging and pleading later, I was able to have all three professors agree to let me take their finals early, so that's all settled. Ever since I decided on the surgery, my knee has hurt more so I don't know if all the pain is in my head or what, and that makes me question the need to actually go under the knife. I don't want to deal with all this if it's not necessary. On the other hand, the inside of my knee is still hurting after almost two months and that worries me that I tore something there as well, which would have to be fixed and would give me a 6 month recovery time instead of 4-6 weeks. And that would mean no broomball, no rugby, nada. And that would make me very sad.

But I've pushed those thoughts of worry out of my mind because there's nothing I can do about it until the surgeon goes in there and checks, so no need to think about it anymore. I mean, the reason I've finally decided to have surgery is because the unknown is bothering me, so this should answer all those questions.

Other than that, life is good. My finals are now a couple days earlier than they were originally, and I'm super behind on my job, but for some reason I'm not exactly worried. I have a lot to review each day, but it seems so manageable that I'm content instead of stressed.

It's amazing what a week on a Caribbean beach will do for your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment