Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

And the Bs start pouring in

Grades are starting to trickle in and I just broke my 4.0 from post-bacc classes. Sadness. I've been preparing myself for this for the past week so I'm not too upset about it, but I didn't expect a solid B in biochem. I had a pretty decent chance at the A, so I must've really bombed the final to drop myself all the way down to a B, even though I thought I had totally killed it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.

Since I'm pretty convinced I got the B in physio (grades aren't up yet so no proof), my post-bacc is going to go down to 3.88, which is dangerously close to not having a 3.8+ post-bacc GPA. And apparently that's the ultimate goal.

With Biochem II grading being harder and more intense than Biochem I, I'm kind of worried I will drop below that threshold. Ay, the stress!

But, what I have learned this semester is to keep up with the work and not leave it to the last minute. Duh, right? But I've managed to get by every other semester, and this time just bit me in the butt. So lesson learned.

Only way to go is up!

Edit: I caved and looked to see the breakdown of finals for all my classes. I managed to squeak by with an A in physiology (!), and did indeed bomb the biochem final (a whopping 68%). I have no idea how I did so poorly in biochem, as I came out of that exam feeling awesome. But since I know I studied my butt off and felt like I couldn't study any more than I already had, I'm ok with the B because I gave it my all. If I had gotten a B in physio or bio, I would've been pissed because the only reason for that grade would've been burnout and complete laziness. So although I'm still mourning the loss of my 4.0, I'm totally okay with it and will probably sleep better tonight knowing all my grades from this semester are finally decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment