Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

First interview invitation

I just got an email inviting me to interview at my DREAM school!!! There are so many good things about this (one of which is that all of my letters of recommendation are positive...what a relief!). But there is also one bad thing about it: the date they assigned me is the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

I don't think I have any vacation plans for the week of Thanksgiving, which is different from other years when we've gone on vacation to Mexico with the family since we don't celebrate Turkey Day. Regardless, I would like to keep the option of going somewhere fairly open and not being able to leave until Sunday would put a damper on those plans. On the other hand, it'll be nice to have the distraction of a vacation right after interviewing at my dream school.

Like I've stated numerous times before, I cannot make decisions for myself, which is why this is a real dilemma for me.

Other than that, happy days!

6 comments:

  1. Woo! Congrats! I had an interview like that...I think the Tues before Thanksgiving. It was sort of annoying, but also thrilling (because woo! interview, yay!), so of course, I went :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really exciting (and scary) to read that email! I totally thought it was another rejection.

      Like you, I'm definitely going to go. I confirmed the date before I could hesitate too much. Vacation can wait.

      I hope everything works out for you, Red. As one of my favorite quotes says: "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end."

      I also hope you continue posting throughout. I enjoy reading your blog and I've missed it while you've been away.

      Delete
  2. Rest of your life vs one week. Not so hard a decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair point. If I could've gotten a date within a week of the assigned one then I would've switched. But you're right, the rest of my life is more important than a week-long vacation.

      Delete
  3. Why don't you celebrate Turkey Day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're foreign. We didn't have any Pilgrims land on any rocks where I'm from, so it doesn't have any significance for us. We just treat it as a regular week-long vacation.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete