Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The last month in a nutshell

I bet you're wondering about what's been going on in my life the last month or so. Well, a lot.

Here's a bullet-point list of my goings on since then.

  • May 19 Morning - Took my MCAT.
  • May 19 Afternoon - Hit up a baby shower and moped.
  • May 19 Evening - Moped some more while getting my butt kicked at nerdy board games.
  • May 20 - Tried to pick up the pieces after a disastrous MCAT experience.
  • May 21 - Met with my boss to get a letter of recommendation, got a haircut, and got a professional-looking portrait done for applications.
  • May 22 Ass-Crack of Dawn - Began a series of flights to Guam.
  • May 23 Evening - Boarded the USNS Mercy at U.S. Navy base in Guam.
  • May 24 - June 18 - Hung out aboard the USNS Mercy.
  • June 3 - 9 - Camped out in an Indonesian village of <1000 inhabitants providing basic medical care as part of a humanitarian mission with the U.S. Navy.
  • June 19 Morning - Boarded first of many planes to get home from a tiny town in the Philippines.
  • June 19 Evening - Took an unexpected visit to a small island due to a very serious medical emergency aboard our flight.
  • June 19 Morning - Found out my MCAT score at the Honolulu airport. Massive sense of relief followed.
  • June 19 Evening - Finally arrived home after visits to way too many airports for my liking.
  • June 19 - Present - I've done absolutely nothing during this time.

The problem with that last point is that I need to get my medical school application submitted ASAP, but I'm having trouble finding the motivation to do it by some imaginary deadline. I'm a major procrastinator and have found that rolling deadlines are my Achilles' heel. Well, one of my Achilles' heels, at least.

I will go into much more detail about the happenings of the last month in the coming weeks, but for now I wanted to provide a quick summary as another way of putting off working on my personal statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment