Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

World Cup words of inspiration

When I get overwhelmed about the mountain I have to climb to get accepted to medical school (my undergrad grades are shite), I find articles like this inspiring. This is the Italian soccer coach talking about playing Germany, addressing the fact that everyone has pegged Germany to win.

When the Coach was reminded that Germany are younger, unbeaten in 15, score more goals, had two further days to rest and are the tournament favourites, he joked with the journalist asking the question.

“So we should just go home now, then? No, it just means that playing this game will be even more intriguing than it already would be."

“At this moment we are very relaxed and want to put into practice everything we’ve done so far. I think difficulties make challenges more fascinating.”

"Prandelli revealed he had taken a nap before the England game, showing how calm he was going into that quarter-final."

“I must confess I had a bit of a half-hour today, though I’m a little ashamed to admit it. When I close my eyes and dream, I dream fantastic things. I hope to dream of a magical and marvellous night."

No comments:

Post a Comment