Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MCAT issues

Sometimes this blog is written just for me to figure out plans of doing things a certain way in order to simplify my life. This is one of those posts, so feel free to ignore it.

I'm having some major problems retaining all the information needed for the MCAT. Reactants and conditions are not staying in my head for organic chemistry, and concepts I found easy in my general chemistry class are just not sticking. So I've formulated a new plan to make me remember all this stuff.

Here it is:
  • Compile one-page "cheat sheets" for each chapter of each subject that include vital conceptual information as well as equations and tricks for solving MCAT problems quickly.
  • Create examples of how to solve recurring types of problems unique to each chapter, with worked out solutions.
  • Write up all the organic chemistry equations that are necessary for the MCAT.
  • Review one chapter a day of all subjects. Rinse and repeat.
Since I do best when I have to do things over and over again, I hope that going over these home-made worksheets daily will help me retain this large volume of information, and will provide a great way to organize everything in my head. And 1 - 2 pages for each subject turns into ~8 pages total a day. That shouldn't be too hard.

Now if studying for the verbal section was this simple, I'd be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment