Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Update on my previous concerns

I'm currently sitting at the hospital, post hand appointment, killing some time before I have to catch the bus to the airport. My doctor's appointment went extremely well. The doc said that everything looks great on the MRI and so I have a really bad sprain.

He also mentioned that there's been some research with cadavers where they essentially throw arms at things to injure them the way I did (rotation of the wrist with the application of a large amount of force) and see what happens to the soft tissue. And my symptoms are identical to what they've found in the cadavers, which makes my injury super interesting to him. I then mumbled something stupid about it and we moved on.

My silence and lack of further questioning on this matter, though, may come in handy because it can be something I ask about WHEN I SHADOW HIM!!! Yup, you read that correctly. I asked the doc if I could shadow him sometime and he said he doesn't have a problem with it, but I would have to check with the hospital. We chatted and decided on me shadowing at his clinic in my laid-back town. He definitely said just the clinic, so I may have to edge my way into getting in on a surgery or two. We'll see about that. I'm really excited since hand surgery has intrigued me since I was in high school, and this seems like the perfect opportunity to see what it's really like.

As for the organic chem final. I got 100% on it. No biggie. All that stress for nothing.

Today has been awesome. Now I just need some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment