Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So done

I've only been in class for a little over a week and I'm already over it. At first I thought my one week at camp and another at home would be enough to recuperate from a summer of organic chemistry. I now know that I need much longer vacations. Or at least more restful ones.

I don't know if it's just the classes that I'm taking are doing me in, or if honestly I'm just over school. Switching gears from chemistry to biology has been hard for me, since I'm a much better problem-solver than a memorizer and the latter is what this semester is going to be about. I don't think I'm going to enjoy my classes nearly as much as I liked general and organic chemistry, and that's been the major contributor to my being down.

Overall, It's weird to be back in class at a much slower pace as compared to summer classes. I only have two hours of lecture a day on average with no labs, and am out of school by 11 am at the latest. I don't have to study (or feel guilty about not studying) every day I get home, worrying about a monstrous test every week. We spent the entire first week of this semester going over the basics of biology and physiology, things you learn in middle school. The slow pace is nice but it's also boring me to tears. I know this will all change soon enough, but the fact that the one quiz I've already had to take has stressed me out more than I would like to be stressed doesn't bode well for the rest of the semester.

Now, when I don't want to study, I can't tell myself that I need to suck it up for another week or two and then it'll all be over like I could with organic chemistry, because the semester has just begun and the next break is in November. I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to give myself a schedule that doesn't include a lot of lounging on the couch and eating take-out.

In short, I need a vacation. But since one isn't coming anytime soon, I need to get out of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment