Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

Trial by fire

At School E, we get assigned a preceptor whose office we will work at throughout the year practicing taking patient histories and conducting a physical exam.

I was hoping to get someone in a surgical subspecialty such as orthopedics, ENT, or plastics. We don't do 3rd year rotations in those fields and I'd like to get some exposure to them to see if they're something I'd enjoy doing. Having a preceptor in any of those fields would kill two birds with one stone: practicing patient care and seeing what their clinics are like.

Be careful what you wish for because I did get a preceptor in a surgical subspecialty: urology.

My first experience interviewing patients will be asking them about their private part problems. This shouldn't be awkward at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment