Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's not over quite yet

I received an interview invitation recently, which was rather surprising since I thought my interview season was essentially over.

After getting accepted to School E last month, I had told myself that the only other interview invitations I would entertain would be ones from my local med school (former dream school) and maybe from schools located in a particular city.

As luck would have it, I got invited to interview at a school located in that city (City F). School F is not entirely in City F, but rather in a suburb located just outside of the city. For most people, this would be a drawback. But the past five years of living in a 'burb have taught me that I like the small town feel while having a big city close by. So this particular arrangement would work perfectly for me.

Other than that, School F isn't anything special. It's ranked at about the same level as School E and has a very similar curriculum. Additionally, the clinical and research opportunities between the two schools are comparable, meaning that the only thing differentiating it from School E is that it's located in an area I've wanted to live in for many years.

As you can tell, I'm not super duper excited about School F, but I can't bring myself to turn it down without seeing what it has to offer in person. I also really don't want to put on my interview face again. But, flights are cheap and if I were to get an interview at the local med school in the near future, this would serve as great practice to rock my (former) dream school interview, if I were to get one.

I guess I'm headed to the area that just recovered from the Polar Vortex. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I HATE winter. Hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment