Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Cheering people's withdrawals

Throughout this application cycle, I've blocked all my friends who are applying to medical school from my Facebook feed. It would just frustrate me to hear about their progress while nothing was happening with me.

During a moment of Facebook weakness, I found out that one of the people with whom I did my post-baccalaureate had been accepted to my dream school and another awesome school elsewhere. Ever since my second waitlist decision came, I've been going to his profile to see which school he'd chosen. Today, he announced that he's matriculating at the other awesome school.

I threw my hands into the air and cheered. Literally.

While I'm happy that he's happy with his decision, I'm more stoked that he won't be attending my dream school. Now I need a few hundred more people to withdraw so they might actually take me off the waitlist.

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking about you and hoping you hear some good news, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still waiting to hear back, but I called yesterday and they said most acceptances off the waitlist come in June, so there's no need to panic quite yet. There's still hope!

      Delete