Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

One week

I will know my fate at the dream school for sure in one week. I may hear back sooner, but definitely not later and I'm half relieved and half scared.

There are two ways to think about the fact that they're still sitting on my application:
  1. They like me enough that they just can't bring themselves to reject me outright.
  2. They can't find a good enough reason to accept me to their incoming class.
Neither of these reasons is all that reassuring but at least I haven't been rejected yet.

Mostly, I have a feeling I'm going to end up on the waitlist, with a slightly smaller possibility of a rejection and an even smaller chance of an acceptance. At least that's how I'm setting myself up for the next week so I won't be too crushed when the inevitable happens.

In a last-ditch effort to swing the admissions committee in the direction of accepting me, I've sent them a love letter/update mix. It's neither one nor the other, but rather a combination of a letter of interest and an update since I don't have enough new things going on in my life to send the update as a stand-alone but I wanted to say something before my fate is sealed.

I think it may be too little too late but it makes me feel like I've done everything in my power to get an acceptance. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it'll be good news for you! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited that there's a final deadline for this decision. Hopefully it's some good news.

      Delete